Nudists were told they would be ‘exterminated’ after a gang of Muslims stormed into a German swimming pool yelling ‘Allahu Akbar’.
Bathers at a nudist beach in northwest Germany say they were insulted and threatened by a group of “Mediterranean-looking men,” one of whom reportedly shouted “Allahu Akhbar” at them.
Staff at the Freibad Xantener Südsee said they were forced to call the police after the men refused to stop abusing naked bathers at the resort, which is near the town of Wesel.
Eyewitnesses told the German newspaper Rheinische Post that the group “looked Mediterranean,” had beards, and wore their hair long.
They are alleged to have shouted “Islamic remarks” including “Allahu Akhbar,” according to another German newspaper, Junge Freiheit.
This is a worrying development as it’s the first time that nudists, already treated with suspicion and sometimes scorn by some sections of the population, have been directly targetted by extremists, if that was indeed who they were..
Now is not the time to panic. We must stay alert and look out for one another of course, but otherwise, to use an old British wartime slogan, we must “Keep calm and carry on”.
More on this here
Please follow and like us:
Another of the world’s notable nudist beaches.
St Germain sur Ay nudist beach, Manche, Normandy NW France
Google map here
St-Germain-sur-Ay offers an incredible fine white gently shelving sandy beach, with warm waters making it perfect for nudist families.
St Germain is on the west coast of the Cotentin Peninsula. The “mother-of-pearl coast”, as it is called, is characterised by vast, empty sandy beaches, rolling dunes, wild, windblown headlands and huge skies. Inland, its salt marshes have protected it from over development.
St Germain is directly opposite the island of Jersey, which protects it from the wildest Atlantic weather and whose climate it shares.
- Take the D650 south from Cherbourg for approx 50 km
- Just west of St Germain sur Ay, turn left onto the D306 towards the village of St Germain sur Ay Plage. (approx 2.5 kms)
- At the village turn left along La Rue de Bretagne,
- The beach is at the end of the road. There is a designated car park.
Nearest rail / air links
Railway: Portbail (7.51mi, 12.08km)
Airport: Aéroport de Cherbourg Maupertus (29.45mi, 47.39km)
None on the nudist beach itself, but the village contains the usual amenities.
Official nudist beach
Authorized by local bylaw of 1999.01.05 and managed by the Club “Saint Germain Naturisme”
Who goes there:
- Mostly families attracted by the safe beach, but the majority don’t go nudist.
- Attracts lots of visitors in good weather.
- Just recently, some reports of gawkers.
Other nearby attractions:
- The historic city of Cherbourg
- Mont Saint Michel – a spectacular World Heritage site and the second largest attraction in France after the Eiffel Tower.
- · Normandy Landings beaches:
- · The city of Bayeaux and The Bayeaux Tapestry:
- Ferries to Jersey run from both nearby Portbail and Carteret in season
- Local Market at St Germain sur Ay : Thursday and Sunday morning in season.
- The annual Holy Cross Fair at Lessay On the second weekend in September every year the population of 2,000 is swollen to over 400,000 by visitors to the annual Holy Cross Fair. The Champ de Foire at Lessay, for those three days, becomes the biggest shop in Europe with over 1500 stalls on the 32 acre site.
Dogs are allowed on the nudist beach.
Suitable for the infirm or disabled.
Do you know this nudist beach? Please help us help the nudist community and make any helpful additions or corrections.
Please follow and like us: